5 tips for a safe holiday weekend
As the temperatures rise and vacations beckon, Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) reminds Canadians to stay safe this holiday weekend and all summer with a few easy-to-follow tips.
"As Canadians head out for cottage country, campgrounds and other vacation destinations there are a number of safety risks you could face. This is why it's important to review a few simple safety tips with your loved ones each year," said Lindsay Olson, Vice President, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba with IBC in a press release.
Here are some safety tips for ensuring your weekend is worry-free:
1) Whether you're on the road or in the boat, "don't booze and cruise"
2) Only adults (18 years or over) should handle fireworks. And don't handle them if you are impaired.
3) Avoid driver distractions. Distracted drivers can be just as impaired as drunk drivers.
4) Obey the rules of the road, respect posted speed limit, the rights of other drivers and drive according to road conditions.
5) When swimming be aware of your limitations. Don't go beyond your ability.