how to become cyber insurance ready
How to Apply for Cyber Insurance
The following are the key elements that insurance companies are looking for to qualify your business for cyber insurance coverage.
Your best resource is a Staebler Broker who can help you navigate cyber insurance.
They can make sense of what’s required from you and provide recommendations to help protect your business’ valuable assets.
Special thanks to our network solutions partner Fortify for their assistance and expertise with this information.
get your business cyber insurance ready
- Password Policy – complexity and forced regular changes
- Multi-Factor Authentication – for multiple access points
- Remote Access – Work From Home security
- Password Management – software to securely store
- Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) Strategy
- Dark Web Research and Monitoring
- Firewall – implemented and managed
- Web Content Filtering – browsing the Internet is filtered
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS) – detect attacks
PATCH & UPDATE
- Operating Systems – servers and workstations
- Applications – individual user software
- Devices – firmware and systems
- Databases – encrypted at rest
- Other Data and Files – encryption at rest
- Backups – frequency, transferred offsite, testing of restoration, data AND critical servers/workstations
MONITOR & SCANNING
- Network Monitoring – detects performance issues
- Vulnerability Scanning – perimeter, applications, devices
- Penetration Testing – test ability to break in to network
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM)
- Security Operations Centre (SOC)
DOCUMENTATION & PROCESS
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recover Plan
- Email & Internet Usage Policy – including social media
- Incident Response Policy
- Security Policy – how is information secured and stored?
- Change Management/Control Procedure
- Filtering – scanning emails for threats and spam
- Advanced Threat Protection – sandboxing of attachments
- DNS Management – email authentication/validation such as SPF, DKIM, Sender ID, or DMARC
- Data Loss Prevention
PEOPLE & BEHAVIOUR
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training and Testing
- Physical Building Security Measures
- Virus/Malware Protection – servers & workstations
- Endpoint Detection & Response – servers & workstations
- Mobile Device Management – secure and manage access
- Asset Management – track and cycle older devices
Why Insure with Staebler?
Working with a broker brings experience, expertise, and advocacy to you and your organization. With an individual broker, you have the ability to personalize your insurance solutions for your unique needs. Find out why there are 7 Really Good Reasons to use an Insurance Broker.
Get A Quote
Fill in the form and one of our brokers will contact you soon.