In keeping with our mandate of supporting local, needs-based organizations, Staebler’s Charity & Community Involvement Committee donated to Kitchener’s Child Witness Centre and their facility dog program.
Founded over 40 years ago, the Child Witness Centre supports child and youth victims, and their caregivers, throughout Waterloo Region, Guelph, and Wellington County.
Our Charity & Community Involvement Committee became aware of this organization and their accredited facility dog, Monet, and unanimously agreed to support them.
Beginning in 2020, Monet was brought on the team to help caseworkers bring a sense of normalcy and safety to the children they’re helping. Anyone who owns a pet, knows the comfort and calming effect they can have, and this too is important during a stressful time.
The facility dog enhances their “trauma-informed practice to better support the emotional and mental health needs of our clients through the criminal court process.”
Our committee is thrilled to be able to donate to help ensure this important program continues.
“It is difficult to overstate our gratitude for your giving, as 80% of our funding comes from the community,” said Linda Mark, Development Manager. “Your generous gift towards Monet’s associated costs will have a direct positive impact on the wellbeing of local child and youth victims, and their families. On behalf of our entire team, thank you!”
Shocking facts that emphasize the need for the Child Witness Centre:
- Every day in Waterloo Region, at least two young people tell someone they have been a victim of physical or sexual abuse or violence.
- Waterloo Regional Police Service presses an average of 9 charges per week for crimes directly harming a child.
- Sadly, these numbers are only the tip of the iceberg – it is believed that only about 1 in 7 cases of abuse or assault are reported.
- The Child Witness Centre exists so children and youth who have experienced abuse or crime are supported through the criminal justice system – and not have to journey alone.
- The Child Witness Centre walks with them, and their caregivers, from the time of investigation through to a court resolution. This process can take up to 2 years, or more.
Please visit the Child Witness Centre to learn more and find ways you too can support this important organization.
WATCH: Monet and Her Support Role (YouTube)
. . .
Staebler Insurance is a general insurance broker specializing in auto insurance, home insurance, small business, and commercial insurance. Staebler brokers proudly serve Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, Listowel, Fergus, Elora, Wellington County, Perth County, Waterloo Region and southern Ontario. Click here to get started.